1. The name Ma gave the cow instead of "Wreath of Roses"
5. The book Laura had heard Ma read to Pa so often that she had
memorized its beginning
6. Laura told Pa she liked this animal better than cattle
8. The language that Johnny Johnson spoke
9. The kind of candy that was maple sugar coloured and flat on one
10. The schoolchildren laughed at Laura's and Mary's short dresses
and called them this name.
11. Pa brought this food home for Christmas through the blizzard,
without eating it.
2. A high, almost straight up, wall of earth
3. This insect destroyed Pa's wheat crops.
4. Willie wouldn't let the girls play with this toy
7. Ma called these mud-brown things that stuck to Laura's leg leeches,
but Pa called them this.